If pests like cockroaches, rats, flies, etc., are living rent-free in your house and you are not happy with their presence, then you must call professionals for help. They not only live rent-free, but also they exploit the house and creep people out. They also carry various diseases and can harm toddlers and pets. Stride Pest Control services will help you get rid of them. But there are some precautions that you must follow before and after hosting pest control at your house. Here are some tips that will be helpful.
Things that you must follow before pest control
- Remove any large piece of furniture from the corners as the pests take shelter in the dark and damp areas of the house.
- Cover all clothes, make-up, jewelry, children’s toys, etc., away in a covered place and cover the furniture with plastic. If you have termites in the wooded pieces of furniture, then empty them.
- Empty all the storage cabinets in your kitchen. The kitchen attracts most pests, and thus profound pest control is required. Do not keep any edible things in the kitchen. Mild exposure to the chemicals used for pest controls can have serious consequences.
- If you are a pet parent, then make sure you do not keep their bedding, toys, or anything belonging to them lying in the house. You must seal aquariums tightly with plastics. Pets are very sensitive to these chemicals, and coming in contact directly or indirectly could be fatal to them.
- If you have paintings and artifacts at your place, cover them with plastics as the chemicals may damage them.
- Empty your bathroom. Especially keep your toothbrush, razors, soaps, shower caps, etc., away.
Things you must do after pest control
- Wait until you are called back into the house. Do not sneak unnecessarily into the house, as it can solve all unwanted problems.
- If you have forgotten to remove any food before pest control, throw it away without a second thought.
- Do not clean immediately. It may wash off treated baseboards and wear off the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If any leakage is detected, repair them immediately as they serve as a gateway for pests.
- To prevent pests, avoid leaving paper around. They serve as food for the pests and attract them.
- Use gloves while unpacking the packed objects and discard the gloves away after the work is done.
These steps can help you avoid any unwanted problems that may arise before or after pest control. Precautions are better than cures, so do regard this advice very seriously.